Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"I like your Sailor Moon outfit..."

"Leo. Where are you? I look ridiculous," I yell into the phone. "I'll be at the bar."
When Leo finally arrives at China White, a small, chic lounge on Dunhua Street, he finds me standing alone in the corner, chugging a drink. I glare at him. He looks at me and laughs.
Tina and Leo invited me to a "Back to School" theme party and lucky for me, Tina had an extra costume to lend me.
Dammit Tina. What self-respecting grown woman goes out dressed like a Japanese school girl? I'll look like an Asian hooker.
But that's the thing about new friends and wanting to fit in. I didn't want to be the only one at the party not dressed like an Asian hooker.
Nevertheless, I had a fun time - Tina and Leo are great company - and we went for Taiwanese congee afterwards. Everyone in the street and in the resto showed their appreciation for our costumes by staring and staring.
And when Leo made fun of us, I should have reminded him that he had to dress up last week for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment