Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tell Sean that I'm coming back a Fatty Boomba

Now that I'm back in university, I'm working on my freshman 15.
All I do is eat. And it is glorious.
Sweet potato leaves tossed in garlic. Fried octopus burgers. Beef noodles. Biscuits filled with broth and minced meat. Mountains of mango chunks and sorbet atop shaved ice (a Taiwanese favourite). Panfried dumplings and soybean milk (the bill was about $1.25).
I had sushi the size of my hand the other day. Each piece looked like a burrito. I ate two and was full. I tried to eat Japanese yams which were crunchy and tasteless but I couldn’t get over the fact that they were covered in a film of snot. Strings of saliva clung to each piece when pulled from the plate.” Think of it like pizza cheese,” Tina’s boyfriend said.

No comments:

Post a Comment